Wednesday, August 28, 2013

First Day- Check!

Well...I survived another first day to live and share about it! I must say it was quite the different experience not having my own classroom this year! I didn't really know what to do with myself!

I spent the day helping where needed and going in and bugging checking in on how all of our amazing new dual staff was holding up! We have quite a few new teachers this year and it took me back to my very first day of teaching seeing the excitement they had when the kiddos arrived!

This being said, I tried to do something little to start the excitement right off the bat. Each of our Dual Language/ELL teachers received one of these fun little snacks in their mailboxes when they arrived!


This idea was actually inspired by First Grade with a Twist and you can find her original post here . She create something similar on Avery labels and stuck them on baggies for her kiddos the first day!

Mine I decided to attach with an orange ribbon instead that I simply hole punched through the goldfish bag. While these are obviously a little more staff oriented, I also created some that you could utilize for your students if you would like below. Both are available by clicking on the image :)!


Oh and last but not least...look what a little birdie dropped off in my office today. 


He told me he even requested green to match my office colors. I think I'll keep him ;)!



2 comments:

  1. I didn't realize that you've made the switch to coaching! I'm happy for you of course, but I hope you continue to make awesome products for TpT and continue to blog! I love what you do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it has been quite the transition! I am really enjoying it so far though! My hope is to continue to create for teachers and for coaches! And thank you so much for your kind words :)!

      Delete