Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Monday (..or Tuesday) Made-it!

I know...already posted today...but I just wanted to link up to Made-It Monday! so bad...and before it turned into Made-It Wed/Thurs/ or Fri! 



I know many of you are already familiar with the clipboard-redecoration...but I have been slaving away on these bad boys..so I just had to show them off!


To create my clipboards I used 12 x 12 scrapbook paper and ribbon in my class colors and the materials pictures below.


I found the foam brush to work quite nicely, because then all those little bristles didn't get stuck in my work! I used the xacto knife to cut off excess, and then used my handy little corner rounder on each of the corners so that they matched those of the actual clip board.

Here are the 27 BEAUTIFUL products of all of my hardwork. 


While I was in the groove, I took a moment to create on for my wonderful mother, whose birthday just happens to be today! 

Happy Birthday Mom!


(She is a nurse ;))




15 comments:

  1. So cute! My plain clipboards got really trashed this last year. I think I might have to have a craft day and try this! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monica. And you def. should! The color makes such a difference!

      Delete
  2. Your clipboards look adorable Krista!! I want to make some but I'm afraid they aren't going to come out great like everyone else's lol. :)
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure
    I'm having a giveaway! Come and take a peek! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! Just experiment with a few, and I am sure you can make them work! Trust me, I am not the craftiest individual either!

      Delete
  3. How cute are all those?! Love them all and I super love the way you set up your picture tutorial. SOOOOOOO cute!!! Thank you so much for linking up:)) So glad you posted twice to do it;) Come back next week:)))

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  4. They came out so cute! I love the ribbon accents - definitely something I will have to add to mine. Thanks for sharing!

    Emily
    I Love My Classroom
    www.ilovemyclassroom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Krista! These are so CUTE! I want to make some of these for my classroom. Thanks for sharing your great ideas!

    Krista
    stellar-students

    ReplyDelete
  6. Any helpful hints to neatly get around the clip part?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Any helpful hints to neatly get around the clip part?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just used a pencil to mark where the ends of the clip part were on my paper, then kind of just guesstimated with some trial and error from there! I am sure there is a more precise way, but that worked well enough for me! Some clipboards you can even remove the clip part to do it! I just felt like it was too much hassel for the masses that I wanted to do! Good luck :)

      Delete
  8. Love these!
    Blessings,

    Jessica Stanford
    Mrs. Stanford's Class
    I hope that you'll join me for my giveaway ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your blog! You have so many great ideas!

    I have given you an award...come on over and check it out!

    Jessica
    The Polka-dotted Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm your newest follower! What an adorable blog you have. I've nominated you for the One Versatile Blogger Award!! Feel free to check our my blog and pick up the award!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your clipboards look great! I bet your mom loved her version! :)


    Delighted in Second
    Hope you will join my $20 TPT gift certificate giveaway!

    ReplyDelete