Friday, July 27, 2012

Brain Breaks!


Yes, that emotion you are feeling right now....is love ;)! Aren't they beautiful. I had to share. Famous Footwear was having their "Bogo" days, and I got the bf a pair of Sperry's for his bday. I couldn't let the half off go to waste right? Thus, here are my brand new, very fun, pair (which I got for only $30 I might add). Ahh...I love a good shoe bargain. That cute heart above was created by The 3am Teacher, btw!

Speaking of the bf's bday, I thought I'd share my gift giving table with you all that I set up for dinner last night, as it actually turned out pretty cute.


I always call him "Handsome"...as like a name, not an adjective. (Take a moment to judge ;))! Anywho, the whole theme of his presents were things a "handsome" man needs/is. So for instance, the first one says "A handsome man is "Sperry" fashionable". This package contained his shoes! The next one said, "A handsome man gets his beauty sleep"....containing some new comfy pj pants. And so on...you get the drift. I found a very fitting photo to go along with each quote as well. The "fashionable" photo is one of us from Halloween where he decided it was a good idea to by a ridiculous looking mullet and wear a big puff vest as a shirt. Super handsome!

Now for the legit post content...

I have also been busy creating some "Brain Break" sticks of my own. I have seen a few versions of these from some other folks, and I thought I'd create some that were a.) bilingual and b.) went with my classroom colors a little better. So here is what I came up with:


All of the labels for this pack come in English and Spanish. Therefore, you could make English sticks, Spanish sticks, or bilingual ones as I have done! It's up to you! Click on the image below to snag yourself a copy! And if you like what you see, I would love for you to leave me some feedback at my store! Special thanks to my lovely friend Laura @ Mrs. Castro's Class and her hubby for double checking all of my translations :)!



On a final note, don't forget to link up to my Destination: Summer Vacation linky! Some of you have already shared some seriously drool worthy locations, and I would love to see more! Click here to see the details:







8 comments:

  1. Krista,

    Thanks for sharing your bilingual brain breaks! They are awesome, I can't wait to make them for my bilingual classroom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad they are useful for you! Thanks for the feedback :)!

      Delete
  2. I haven't seen the brain breaks yet! Very fun idea. The kids will love that!
    Jennie
    JD's Rockin' Readers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so simple to use and yes, the kiddos love them!

      Delete
  3. Very cute brain breaks! I've just become a new follower of your blog.

    Julie
    Math is Elementary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie, lookin forward to checking out your blog as well!

      Delete
  4. I found your blog through Classroom Freebies. Thanks so much for the freebie! I'm your newest follower. Check out my blog at Teaching Third

    ReplyDelete