Monday, July 9, 2012

It's time for an award...!

It feels good to be back! I have been somewhat MIA lately, as I have been gone at the lake for the week to celebrate and relax over the 4th! Back to reality I suppose...

While I was away, I was nominated by several lovely bloggers (seems like you all bombarded me at once with this award love!) with the following award: 


 So thank you again to: 
Dirty Hands and Lesson Plans
Please visit their quite versatile blogs as well!

So here are the rules and regulations for this puppy:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you.
2. Include a link to their site.
3. Include the award image in your post.
4. Give 7 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 15 other bloggers for the award.
6. When nominating include a link to their site.
7. Let other bloggers know they've been nominated.

Alright...1..2..3...check...now for my 7 random facts:
1. I am obsessed with ice cream...in any form- sundae, soft serve, sandwich, cup or cone!
2. I studied abroad in Spain for a summer during college at the University of Salamanca. Lived with a family there who only spoke Spanish- great practice for this career of mine :)!


3. I am a sucker for reality tv. I love the Bachelor/Bachelorette, American Idol, any home improvement show, the list goes on...it's bad.
4. I performed in musicals, choirs, etc. for nearly my entire life. I love singing and acting and try to incorporate this talent into my classroom w/ my kiddos.

(in Oliver!)

5. I love being outside. Walking, running, hiking, swimming, you name it...I'm there!

(the bf and I at Starved Rock)

6. I have a collection of sock monkeys in my classroom. It started as one that each of my kiddos got to bring home for a week, and it grew into a slight obsession. My students just keep bringin them to me!


7. I am an organized scatterbrain. I like everything to look and be nearly perfect, but seem to lose track of and forget everything! Is there anyone else like this? It's awful!

Enough about me...

Time to unveil my nominations...

The following 15 blogs are full of some great and unique ideas!


                Just Wild About Teaching

               

Liv to Teach                                             Multilingual MultiageMadly LearningBlog button
There they are folks. Fifteen fantastically, versatile blogs that you all need to take a look at :)

On a different note, just wanted to fill everyone in if you haven't already heard....there is finally a blogger meet up scheduled for all of us Chicago-landers! Click on the link below if you would like to check it out...I'd love to meet you all in person and put a face with your blog ;)!




10 comments:

  1. Thanks for the award! If you want more sock monkey stuff, my son's toddler room was decorated with them, so I can send them all to you! :)
    ✿Nicole
    Teaching With Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! What a cute room theme! You are more then welcome to send them my way :)!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on all your great awards! I loved reading your seven facts and learning a little more about you.

    Delighted in Second

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your awards!
    Your seven facts are great.
    I'm feeling so jealous with all that teacher blogger meet-ups.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and you should host one- I am sure we would all love to take a trip to Spain ;)!

      Delete
  4. I am definitely jealous of many of the things you did and can do! Love that you do musicals- how fun!!!! And Spain?!? That would be amazing. I really want to learn Spanish and I feel like a study abroad would be the way to do it. Congrats on the award! :)

    Amanda
    Reaching for the TOP!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for this! You're so sweet!

    ✿Valerie
    All Students Can SHINE

    ReplyDelete