I set up rulers on one table, measuring tapes on a another, and the one lowly scale I have on another in my classroom and set my students to work. It worked out for my kids just to walk from place to place, but you could do it however works for your students. I also gave each of my students their own individual hard-boiled egg. You could partner them up for it, group them, etc. We only had one egg casuality (after all my ranting and raving about caution), so I thought they did pretty well!
Here is what one of my students completed pages looked like:
After we finished our little measurement center rotations, we continued with our activity by measuring capacity. I enlisted the assistance of my students in measuring out the correct amounts of vinegar and water to add to some Easter egg dying cups! When it was prepared we dyed the eggs we used for our activity, and each student got to take their beautifully colored egg home!
Final thing- I had a request for the writing paper I utilized for my Spring Narrative Kites yesterday. I am glad that you enjoyed them! Click here if you'd like a copy!