Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Guest Blog Week - Day #3: Hedbanz


Today is Day#3 of Guest Blog Week!
Please welcome Mynda from B is for Bilingual and check out her game idea below!

Hola! My name is Mynda from B is for Bilingual. I teach 1st grade Dual Language in Texas. I teach Spanish to Native Spanish speakers and Spanish learners. I have found that hands-on activities and visuals are great for my second language learners.  I love to make my lessons fun and interactive!

I would like to share with you one of my favorites games! This game is similar to "Hedbanz". 


Your students need to pick a card without looking and put it on their forehead. Then they need to guess what picture they have by asking the correct questions!! 

I like to use objects that we use in school. It's easy for them, but you can always change or add more objects.



The students have lots of fun formulating questions, inferences and practicing vocabulary.

It's easy to get this game ready for your students to enjoy! You just need center strips, Velcro and print the cards.


Once you have your materials ready, divide your class by partners or small groups and let them start the fun! To challenge my students, I give them 1 minute to try to guess their mystery object!


You can find the cards set in English & Spanish {HERE}.
Thank you Krista for having me today! If you have any questions, feel free to contact me! You can leave me a message on my blog or  FB page! Also I would like you to follow my TPT store to find more resources in English & Spanish!

Have fun!
Mynda





2 comments:

  1. This is a fun resource! I have this original game for the students to play during inside resources. Now I have a bilingual alternative! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola, I am learning Espanol Language with my 5 year old grandson. He is in Kindergarten via virtual school in Florida, and I would love to have extra resources for teaching him, I was also thinking of expanding this into a build and write word box with magnetic alphabets and I was wondering if I could please get the cards, so cute, Gracias

    ReplyDelete