Thursday, December 18, 2014

Our families "light up" our lives...

We had a blast today putting together our family gift before we head out for winter break tomorrow.


Each student was given a set of 6 lights. The very first light on each string of lights states "Mi familia ilumina mi vida porque.../My family lights up my life because...". On the other 5 lights, I asked students to share a reason as to how their family members make their lives brighter.


The kids came up with some very sweet things to say, sharing everything from "you support me when I am sad", to "you help me with my homework", to "you cheer me on at my sporting events". 

After writing each of their ideas, the students worked to evenly space the lights and tape them on a piece of black yarn (this tied in nice with our fraction unit we just finished up- equal parts had meaning!)


Then they were ready for wrapping. A little tissue paper, a fun tag, and a red lunch sack (compliments of Target), and we are good to go folks!


You can grab a copy of the lights template here in Spanish or English.
Fun font is from Kevin & Amanda and cute light graphic is from My Cute Graphics.

What are some of your favorite classroom gift making ideas? I always love to have a bank ready for years to come!



4 comments:

  1. I love this! Thank you for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Thank you for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a Great Article. You are posting an informatics blog so keep posting. I want to share information about the Hybrid app development company. In the world of Hybrid app development, Appconsultio stands as your reliable partner, offering solutions that not only meet your unique business requirements but also align with the ever-evolving demands of the digital landscape. Let us bring your vision to life with an app that seamlessly navigates the boundaries between platforms, providing your users with a consistent and delightful experience, no matter the device they choose.

    ReplyDelete